Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do I clear the rights to use a celebrity news clip for an indie film?

I am making an independent film and want to use a few news clips that have celebrities in them. I know I need to get the license from the news source, but do I also need to get permission from the celebrity or is this considered fair use or public domain?How do I clear the rights to use a celebrity news clip for an indie film?
I'm shocked and saddened by the fact that no one has seen fit to answer your question. If I had any idea how to answer your question, I would do so post haste! Unfortunately, I have no idea how to help you. Watch the movie Bowfinger to see how consumate professionals handle this situation! ;)





This sounds very important! Have you tried a google search, my friend? They are amazing!





I do hope it all works out for you.





Lots of Love, Good Luck, and Best Wishes!!
  • dvr
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment